More than a synthetic solution. A consistent performer.
Straumann® BoneCeramic™ is a biocompatible and homogenous alloplast designed to maintain volume while supporting gradual replacement by your patient’s own bone. A fully alloplastic biphasic calcium phosphate, it’s composed of hydroxylapatite, which prevents excessive resorption and preserves bone volume, and ß-tricalcium phosphate, which absorbs more quickly as it’s replaced by natural bone.
EFFECTIVE REGENERATION MATERIAL
- Engineered to support restoration and preservation of bone volume
- Gradually resorbs as it is replaced by new vital bone
- Excellent handling characteristics
- Consistent and reproducible quality because it’s totally synthetic
FLEXIBILITY TO MEET CLINICAL NEEDS
- Can be used alone or in combination with autogenous bone
- Best suited for peri-implant dehiscence defects, fenestration defects, sinus lifts, extraction sockets, and horizontal augmentations
SUPPORTS ONGOING BONE REGENERATION
- 28.35% average of newly formed mineralized bone versus 22.27% with bovine bone mineral, 6 to 8 months post augmentation (p = 0.6024)1
- Trend of increase in mineral bone formation over healing time1
- Bone vitality was 100% in all cores harvested1
- Significant increase in mean bone area fraction over healing time in a mix with autogenous bone, in sinus floor elevation2
BoneCeramic data sheet | Bone Regeneration Solutions brochure
1. Froum SJ et al. Histomorphometric comparison of a biphasic bone ceramic to an organic bovine bone for sinus augmentation: 6- to 8-month postsurgical assessment of vital bone formation. A pilot study. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2008 Jun; 28(3): 273-81.
2. Artzi Z et al. Histomorphometric assessment of bone formation in sinus augmentation utilizing a combination of autogenous and hydroxyapatite/biphasic tricalcium phosphate graft materials: at 6 and 9 months in humans. Clin. Oral Implants Res. 2008 Jul; 19(7): 686-92.